Tuesday 2 September 2008

I don't remember if I experienced the world (03)

I said, in my essay I wrote for a “special activity” in the very large nursery school.
They asked us to write anything we had felt or thought of church.
They said ‘anything’ but I wondered what if ‘anything’ doesn’t include my opinion?
We were given an hour.
I spent about 40 minutes on thinking and looking at my teacher’s face becoming so desperate to make me write really ‘anything’.
I asked,
Can you promise me that you said I could write ‘anything’ related to church?
She answered,
Yes, I promise.
Please just write ‘anything’.
I won one of the prizes, don’t remember if it was the second or third but I am sure it was definitely not the first.
I was stunned anyway.
They kept their promise.
My Miss graceful announced that they thought my criticism, well...what I had seen Christianity and education in church I experienced, was refreshing.
My essay was almost like this; I don’t like this and that because...I understand that but don’t understand why this is what...I think it is wrong because...I believe it should be this way...
Not to hope.

No comments: