Monday 9 February 2009

Not if you are happy

I first met H13 years ago, back in 1996 at uni where I did my first degree.
She was a second year student and I was a fresher.
First a few months I was very unhappy with the imperative mood suspended in the whole department. I didn't want to associate with anyone. I hardly talked. I wanted to leave.
I saw her talking to someone in their studio space.
Her scruffy clothes, pale little face veiled her volatility and the heels...dark filthy heels undefended confident in bulky high heel sandals.
It was freezing cold, the day I noticed her.
I thought she was crazy.

I had to drop my following year and worked for a year.
When I got back to University to carry out my second year, she was still there.
She said she failed her second year.

Just stop there.
Let me cringe.
How could you be so thick?
You are exhibiting your stupidity by the crude outward decorum.

Would you be so kind enough to tell me if I met your expectation?

No comments: